Our software makes it easy to check the operational readiness of 100's of devices in just a few minutes, a complicated task that used to take hours to complete. Now you can be sure the devices that power your business are protected, available, healthy, and reliable before each and every day.
The security-first desktop monitoring service
The elevator pitch
What we do in 73 seconds
Features to rave about
You're just minutes from desktop monitoring greatness
Issues matrix & readiness reports
Antivirus protection monitoring
Windows Event Logs
Outdated software reports
Application crash events
Digital user experience monitoring
Recent application changes
Asset configuration reports
Disk space monitoring
Scheduled & on-demand reports
Benefits too good to ignore
How our software protects and empowers your business
46% of SMEs fell victim to cyber attacks in 2021
Minimise attack vectors
60% of small firms fold within 6 months of a breach
We continuously assess your devices for vulnerabilities and exposures, the very things hunted down and exploited by malicious parties to attack your business and hold your data to ransom. Node Patrol makes it painless to identify and remediate the issues that render your endpoints vulnerable.
Harden baseline security
The average data ransom in 2020 was £95k
We leverage benchmarks produced by
Slow PCs cost UK workers 17 days in 2019
Every lead, deal, hire, negotiation, and in fact, every stage of the product and/or service lifecycle depends upon your workforce's desktops and laptops. If the devices powering your business aren't healthy, reliable, and performant, then productivity is going to take a direct hit.
Boost employee satisfaction
25% of under 25's have seen peers kick their PCs
50% of employees would leave if tech inhibited their performance, and 43% believe they suffer bad technology because their employer doesn't care. Node Patrol identifies problematic devices and monitors the digital user experience, highlighting issues that impact your users.
Satisfy your regulators
With fraud, digital theft, data breaches, and cyber crime constantly on the rise, and the world becoming ever more digitally dependent, regulators are increasingly punishing organisations for not staying on top of their security and risk management responsibilities.
Our customers feel more in control
Visibility of a problem is the first step toward its resolution
It's a game changer for our business. I receive a daily email that details our issues and at-risk devices, so we're rarely caught out by desktop issues. We certainly feel less exposed and more in control of our computers.
Very simple to join and easily the most affordable service available. It's genuinely amazing how much we discovered in the first 20 minutes. Disk space issues, missing updates, vulnerable apps, and everything in-between.
Up and running in less than 5 minutes
Effortlessly switch from desktop-zero to monitoring hero
Create your account
This only takes a minute. We'll ask for your email address and send you a mailbox verification email. All customers enjoy a 14 day free trial, no card required.
Install our agent
This is the patroller software, its responsible for monitoring your devices and sending telemetry data to our servers.
You'll need to enter a unique key when installing the agent, this is provided to you when you create your account. You can find out more in our guide.
Enjoy monitoring greatness
You're all done, there's nothing to configure, our agent will determine what to monitored (many of our features are Vendor-agnostic). You can browse the dashboard, or simply enjoy your daily health and security reports.
Tell your AV we're here to help
Our device scans and assessments can make some antivirus products feel uneasy (it's a false positive). To prevent your AV from quarantining the agent we highly recommend adding 2 exclusions. We do this automatically for Windows Defender.
MSPs Node Patrol
and with good reason!
Maximise engineer utilisation
Node Patrol is a gold mine for proactive service providers. Engineer utilisation is a key to ensuring your technicians are not just cost neutral, but actually generating profit for your business. Our continuous monitoring and automated security audits detect and report work items that are commonly overlooked by even the most vigilant service providers. Addressing these issues improves ticket volumes, engineer utilisation, mean time to fix and many other key service metrics.
Surpass client expectations
Increasing the ticket volume allows the service desk to recuperate unacceptably low service metrics, and depending on your billing model, can greatly improve your bottom line. One MSP received glowing feedback from a principal client as they felt that the relationship had become "more active, present, and communicative". This was the result of increased desktop awareness and service desk proactivity.
Create and support an unlimited number of organisations in the same Node Patrol account. The user interface changes slightly when you have more than one organisation in your account. A dropdown menu is added to the left of the main navigation menu which allows for quickly switching between organisations:
New revenue opportunities
Node Patrol checks hundreds of configuration settings and makes recommendations to improve device performance, security, and reliability. These are work items usually missed (easily overlooked) by MSPs. We're aware of one MSP (Dec, 2021) using the automated compliance scan data to propose and justify a security project, potentially generating tens of thousands in new revenue for their business.
Big savings with unified billing
Billing is handled on the account level rather than per organisation which means that all of the organisations in a single account use a single billing source. There are numerous benefits to this design including less paperwork, fewer invoices, and greater savings.
For example, it's more feasible for an MSPs to purchase 5,000 prepaid credits in 1 order and use them to monitor devices in any number of organisations. This would save the MSP 21% compared to typical PAYG pricing. You can still report on credit usage per organisation, so it's easy to account for organisational spend.
Advanced security features
The tools that power your business have a responsibility to provide you with comfort and peace of mind, we're no different. It's why we've added a number of advanced security features to protect your business and your customers:
- IP allowlist to restrict access to Node Patrol.
- Optionally enforce all users to configure two-factor authentication.
- Force all users to change their passwords on-demand.
- Review the activity and authentication logs as required.
- Monitor and terminate your user sessions.
SSO, SLO, JIT provisioning
Connect Node Patrol to your existing Identity Provider (such as AzureAD, Okta, OneLogin, and Active Directory Federation Services) and enjoy the security and UX benefits of Single Sign-on, Single Log-off, and just-in-time user account provisioning.
Role-based access control
Easily control and monitor access to organisations, devices groups, and system settings with user group RBAC. Some MSPs have even granted read-only access to key client contacts!
No time to book a demo?
Join co-founder Michael in a caffeine-fuelled Node Patrol walk-through. In just 15 minutes you'll see the account creation steps, device enrolment process, and many of the feature our service has to offer! Remember to grab a first.
Node Patrol offers business leaders actionable insights and peace of mind
Challenges: Cyber attacks, lost productivity, and employee stress
- 46% of UK SMEs suffer a cyber breach every year at an average cost of £11,000. Among these 46%, one-third report experiencing attacks or breaches every week.
- One-in-six firms attacked in 2021 said they almost went under as a result.
- Problematic and slow computers cost the UK economy £35 billion every year, a jaw-dropping average of £1499 per employee. This includes application crashing, waiting for applications to open, system crashing, system boot time, logging faults with their support providers and sitting around while support technicians diagnose and repair devices.
- Employees are made angry by their computers. 75% have witnessed colleagues swear at their monitors out of frustration. 25% under the age of 25 have seen peers kick their computers. 25% view their jobs as the number one stressor in their lives and 40% report their jobs as "extremely stressful". Employers have a duty to reduce workplace stress and protect the wellbeing of their employees, and it seems ensuring they have the tools and tech they need to succeed is a simple step in the right direction.
- 50% of employees would consider moving jobs if their work technology was impacting their performance and 43% said they only suffer bad technology because their employer doesn't care.
Solutions: Monitoring, provider transparency, and employee awareness
- Our security control monitoring helps you stay on top of your computer security, offering recommendations and total transparency for your peace of mind. It takes just seconds to check that your devices are protected. Ensuring your numerous security controls are active and correctly configured is key to reducing risk and protecting your business.
- Your technical staff can use our one-click compliance assessments to identify opportunities to improve device security and reliability. There's always something more that can be done, and we help you figure out what that is.
- The operational readiness email allows you to check that your devices are ready for the day ahead in just a matter of seconds, reducing preventable downtime. Disk space, pending reboots, failed updates, out-dated virus definitions and interesting system events are just some examples of what the report includes.
- Our central reporting of the reliability index makes it easy to spot problematic devices, or devices with reduced reliability. We also maintain an average score based on all of your devices, so you can quickly see how one device compares to all others.
- Node Patrol gives you (and your team) a central view of the system and application crash events impacting your business. You can use this data to report issues to software vendors, and support rolling out new versions/updates. You can also demonstrate an unusually detailed and accurate awareness to your staff, boosting morale and demonstrating care for their daily experience. Example: "Hi Susan, I've noticed that your computer has crashed twice today. I just wanted to let you know that I've told our IT provider and have asked them to take a look".
- As an SME owner or leader you're naturally a busy person, and so you likely have to trust that your technology providers are serving your business and your employees well. Node Patrol gives you the non-technical visibility you need to hold your service providers accountable.
Technology and service managers use Node Patrol to deliver world-class support
Challenges: achieving your KPIs, increasing proactive support, enhancing device security, and reporting to senior management
- Senior management are requesting greater transparency but you lacking the data you need to produce reports that accurately portray the fruits of your labour.
- Compliance auditors are demanding evidence that you monitor and actively remediate your host-based security controls, but you have no record of the 'last known state' of the devices which are offline, off-site, or on-the-move. They also need to see that you're actively monitoring and remediating common security issues but you do not have a tool that satisfies this requirement.
- You're confident that your devices are well protected but know there are still opportunities to improve the baseline security. You're looking for ideas and recommendations to further lock down your devices.
- Your budget doesn't allow for the tools available to larger enterprises, or you're unable to justify the five or six figure price tag often demanded by auditing and security monitoring tools.
- The service desk is working too reactively and your technicians spend an unacceptable amount of time resolving perfectly preventable issues. You may be a small business with no or few central management services, and therefore have no way to check on the status of your devices and their updates.
Solutions: Greater device visibility, central reporting, and regular automated device audits
- Node Patrol flags devices issues that you would otherwise be unaware of, examples include persistent issues and changes affecting device reliability, and failing security controls which often lack centralised reporting for SMEs.
- We always make the last known state of a device available, even if the device hasn't been online for week. This means you can easily report on the entire desktop estate, rather than just the devices that are online.
- Our pricing model is extremely competitive and your usage is likely to cost less than your slush fund and petty cash budgets. We've worked tirelessly to keep our costs down just so we can pass these savings on to our customers.
- We highlight the issues that your service desk cannot see or your users aren't reporting, enabling your support team to work proactively, improving your first contact resolution rate, response times and resolution times. Opening and closing 'quick win' tickets is a tried and tested method of smashing your metrics.
- Our one-click compliance auditing checks hundreds of configuration options and provides dozens of opportunities to improve device security and reliability. Our vulnerability engine automatically scans your devices every time their software changes. Your technicians will have no excuse for twiddling their thumbs.
Node Patrol provides you with countless revenue boosting opportunities and a unique competitive edge
You work tirelessly to meet challenging SLAs, OLAs and CSAT scores. Customers are demanding increased transparency, including evidence of the effort you're making to keep them secure and online. You've been asked to identify revenue-generating opportunities, which could include the upsale of enhanced reporting, or finding new opportunities to burn through the engineering time sold to clients.
How Node Patrol helps
Node Patrol identifies changes you can make to customer devices to improve security and reliability. This, along with the detection of security control failures and performance issues, results in more time sold to clients, and more tickets closed in your ITSM tool. You're team will also be working more proactively, which means tickets will be logged and closed faster, drastically improving your SLAs and exceeding your KPIs.
Our data will put you at the top of your game, boosting proactivity and offering unrivalled device visibility.
You can't fix what you can't see, nor can you fix what your customers fail to report.
Node Patrol tracks and reports application crashes (by version), system crashes, resource contending processes, application updates, windows updates, service installations, feature installations, User Account Control, antivirus protection status, BitLocker status, system compliance, application vulnerabilities and so much more.
Work smarter, not harder. If we send you a CPU alert, we'll also list the processes using the CPU as well as the CPU config. If we send you an antivirus alert, we'll list the installed AV products, when they were last updated and when the protection status changed. It's common sense, and it's included as standard!
Our one-click assessment tools can provide you with recommendations on how to improve device security and reliability. Our reports give you the data you need to stand out, allowing you to identify, log, resolve and close more tickets than ever before, having the greatest possible impact on the devices and customers you're responsible for protecting. Put simply, Node Patrol can help great technicians achieve more in less time, putting them at the front of the queue for rewards, bonuses and promotions.