The watchdog for Windows desktops
Know when your security controls are failing or need some TLC
Automatically assess device vulnerabilities every time the software changes
Remotely audit your devices for security flaws and configuration weaknesses
Log and review device hardware and system configuration changes
Check your devices are operationally ready for the day ahead
Centrally monitor your device event logs and reliability indexes
Zero-configuration setup (up and running in just 2 minutes!)
By joining Node Patrol, you…
Empower your IT staff to work proactively
The issues matrix, event logs and detailed monitoring alerts make it easier than ever for your staff to pick up the phone and call the user, rather than waiting for something to go wrong and the customer to call you. Our one-click compliance assessments provide you with dozens of opportunities to improve the security of your devices.
The benefits of proactive support are too good to be ignored!
- Customers are saved a huge amount of time.
- Customer satisfaction and feedback is greatly improved.
- Customers are more loyal, and are likely to recommend your service.
- Fewer unforeseen calls to the Service Desk.
- Small issues are resolved before they become reputation damaging problems.
- One study by inContact found that:
- 87% of people are happy to be contacted about customer service issues.
- 75% saw proactive calls as a pleasant surprise and positive experience.
Save up to £1500 per employee every year
Research by YouGov and Managed 24/7, a London based IT service provider, found that slow computers and IT issues are costing each employee one working day per month. With the average UK salary at £31,461 in 2020, this equates to a loss of £1499 per employee per year!
Reduce your exposure and improve security confidence
46% of UK SMEs suffer a cyber breach every year at an average cost of £11,000. Among these 46%, one-third report experiencing attacks or breaches every week. One-in-six firms attacked in 2021 said they almost went under as a result.
Node Patrol interrogates the security products installed on your devices and provides a clear central reporting interface, we also flag antivirus status changes in monitoring alerts, on the issues matrix and in the daily operational readiness email.
We currently monitor BitLocker protection, the Windows Defender Firewall service, Windows Defender Antivirus, third party antivirus products, User Account Control, Windows Updates, exposed NTFS shares, system compliance and application vulnerabilities.
- Be confident that your security controls are active and healthy.
- Understand the vulnerabilities in your environment exposing your organisation.
- Uncover opportunities to improve the security of your devices.
- Gain visibility of your Windows security features and products.
- Simple, actionable alerts enabling you to mitigate risks quicker.
Get a grip on unauthorised changes and accountability
One of the first bits of feedback we frequently get from new customers is "all this time, we had no idea that was happening". They're referring to the dozen unauthorised changes happening in their environment every single day. Vendors are getting more aggressive with their updates and their customers have less control than ever when it comes to choosing what changes to permit and when.
Examples of the system changes we detect and report report:
- Staff enabling and disabling security controls such as UAC.
- Applications automatically updating in the background.
- Applications adding themselves to the startup list.
- The installation or removal of services, features and updates.
- Driver versions being changed unexpectedly.
- Windows Events pointing to serious underlying system issues.
- The addition, removal or modification of network adapters, volumes and hardware.
Easily identify and address problematic and slow computers
Our issues matrix, device summary and presentation of the Windows Reliability Index makes the process is identifying slow and/or problematic devices easy and fast.
We look at each device's stability, performance and events and compare a Windows-generated reliability score against the daily average score for your organisation.
This means you can compare one device against all others to see, in a matter of seconds, if the device is harming your organisation's productivity.
Have happier, less stressed employees, and fewer resignations
Employees are made angry by their computers. 75% of employees have witnessed colleagues swear at their monitors out of frustration. 40% report their jobs as "extremely stressful". 50% of employees would consider moving jobs if their work technology was impacting their performance and 43% said they only suffer bad technology because their employer doesn't care.
Unanticipated IT issues, reactive support, misconfigured security controls, vulnerable systems and slow devices all result in dissatisfied and stressed staff. They feel as though their technology is damaging their productivity and potential. Whether it be user training, hardware upgrades, application updates or device replacements, our service provides you the data you need to act.
Time for a demo?
Join co-founder Michael in a caffeine-fuelled Node Patrol walk-through. In just 15 minutes you'll see the account creation steps, device enrolment process, and many of the feature our service has to offer! Remember to grab a first.
Why Node Patrol matters to you
Click here if you are a...
business leader or senior management
Node Patrol offers business leaders actionable insights and peace of mind
Challenges: Cyber attacks, lost productivity, and employee stress
- 46% of UK SMEs suffer a cyber breach every year at an average cost of £11,000. Among these 46%, one-third report experiencing attacks or breaches every week.
- One-in-six firms attacked in 2021 said they almost went under as a result.
- Problematic and slow computers cost the UK economy £35 billion every year, a jaw-dropping average of £1499 per employee. This includes application crashing, waiting for applications to open, system crashing, system boot time, logging faults with their support providers and sitting around while support technicians diagnose and repair devices.
- Employees are made angry by their computers. 75% have witnessed colleagues swear at their monitors out of frustration. 25% under the age of 25 have seen peers kick their computers. 25% view their jobs as the number one stressor in their lives and 40% report their jobs as "extremely stressful". Employers have a duty to reduce workplace stress and protect the wellbeing of their employees, and it seems ensuring they have the tools and tech they need to succeed is a simple step in the right direction.
- 50% of employees would consider moving jobs if their work technology was impacting their performance and 43% said they only suffer bad technology because their employer doesn't care.
Solutions: Monitoring, provider transparency, and employee awareness
- Our security control monitoring helps you stay on top of your computer security, offering recommendations and total transparency for your peace of mind. It takes just seconds to check that your devices are protected. Ensuring your numerous security controls are active and correctly configured is key to reducing risk and protecting your business.
- Your technical staff can use our one-click compliance assessments to identify opportunities to improve device security and reliability. There's always something more that can be done, and we help you figure out what that is.
- The operational readiness email allows you to check that your devices are ready for the day ahead in just a matter of seconds, reducing preventable downtime. Disk space, pending reboots, failed updates, out-dated virus definitions and interesting system events are just some examples of what the report includes.
- Our central reporting of the reliability index makes it easy to spot problematic devices, or devices with reduced reliability. We also maintain an average score based on all of your devices, so you can quickly see how one device compares to all others.
- Node Patrol gives you (and your team) a central view of the system and application crash events impacting your business. You can use this data to report issues to software vendors, and support rolling out new versions/updates. You can also demonstrate an unusually detailed and accurate awareness to your staff, boosting morale and demonstrating care for their daily experience. Example: "Hi Susan, I've noticed that your computer has crashed twice today. I just wanted to let you know that I've told our IT provider and have asked them to take a look".
- As an SME owner or leader you're naturally a busy person, and so you likely have to trust that your technology providers are serving your business and your employees well. Node Patrol gives you the non-technical visibility you need to hold your service providers accountable.
Click here if you are a...
service desk or technology manager
Technology and service managers use Node Patrol to deliver world-class support
Challenges: achieving your KPIs, increasing proactive support, enhancing device security, and reporting to senior management
- Senior management are requesting greater transparency but you lacking the data you need to produce reports that accurately portray the fruits of your labour.
- Compliance auditors are demanding evidence that you monitor and actively remediate your host-based security controls, but you have no record of the 'last known state' of the devices which are offline, off-site, or on-the-move. They also need to see that you're actively monitoring and remediating common security issues but you do not have a tool that satisfies this requirement.
- You're confident that your devices are well protected but know there are still opportunities to improve the baseline security. You're looking for ideas and recommendations to further lock down your devices.
- Your budget doesn't allow for the tools available to larger enterprises, or you're unable to justify the five or six figure price tag often demanded by auditing and security monitoring tools.
- The service desk is working too reactively and your technicians spend an unacceptable amount of time resolving perfectly preventable issues. You may be a small business with no or few central management services, and therefore have no way to check on the status of your devices and their updates.
Solutions: Greater device visibility, central reporting, and regular automated device audits
- Node Patrol flags devices issues that you would otherwise be unaware of, examples include persistent issues and changes affecting device reliability, and failing security controls which often lack centralised reporting for SMEs.
- We always make the last known state of a device available, even if the device hasn't been online for week. This means you can easily report on the entire desktop estate, rather than just the devices that are online.
- Our pricing model is extremely competitive and your usage is likely to cost less than your slush fund and petty cash budgets. We've worked tirelessly to keep our costs down just so we can pass these savings on to our customers.
- We highlight the issues that your service desk cannot see or your users aren't reporting, enabling your support team to work proactively, improving your first contact resolution rate, response times and resolution times. Opening and closing 'quick win' tickets is a tried and tested method of smashing your metrics.
- Our one-click compliance auditing checks hundreds of configuration options and provides dozens of opportunities to improve device security and reliability. Our vulnerability engine automatically scans your devices every time their software changes. Your technicians will have no excuse for twiddling their thumbs.
Click here if you are a...
provider of managed services
Node Patrol provides you with countless revenue boosting opportunities and a unique competitive edge
You work tirelessly to meet challenging SLAs, OLAs and CSAT scores. Customers are demanding increased transparency, including evidence of the effort you're making to keep them secure and online. You've been asked to identify revenue-generating opportunities, which could include the upsale of enhanced reporting, or finding new opportunities to burn through the engineering time sold to clients.
How Node Patrol helps
Node Patrol identifies changes you can make to customer devices to improve security and reliability. This, along with the detection of security control failures and performance issues, results in more time sold to clients, and more tickets closed in your ITSM tool. You're team will also be working more proactively, which means tickets will be logged and closed faster, drastically improving your SLAs and exceeding your KPIs.
Click here if you are a...
support or service desk technician
Our data will put you at the top of your game, boosting proactivity and offering unrivalled device visibility.
You can't fix what you can't see, nor can you fix what your customers fail to report.
Node Patrol tracks and reports application crashes (by version), system crashes, resource contending processes, application updates, windows updates, service installations, feature installations, User Account Control, antivirus protection status, BitLocker status, system compliance, application vulnerabilities and so much more.
Work smarter, not harder. If we send you a CPU alert, we'll also list the processes using the CPU as well as the CPU config. If we send you an antivirus alert, we'll list the installed AV products, when they were last updated and when the protection status changed. It's common sense, and it's included as standard!
Our one-click assessment tools can provide you with recommendations on how to improve device security and reliability. Our reports give you the data you need to stand out, allowing you to identify, log, resolve and close more tickets than ever before, having the greatest possible impact on the devices and customers you're responsible for protecting. Put simply, Node Patrol can help great technicians achieve more in less time, putting them at the front of the queue for rewards, bonuses and promotions.